Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Westing Game

I debated on which book I should start with; after all, this is my very first post.  It turns out that I have too many favorites and I realized that if I didn't start posting then this blog would remain blank for another year.  So, without further ado, I will introduce you to a book that has been a favorite since Mrs. Clawson, my 6th grade teacher, read it aloud in class.


The Westing Game by Ellen Raskins


Truthfully, it's been a year or so since I read it, and although I may not remember all of the details clearly, I do remember the humor and mystery.  I also remember discussing the book over lunch with my classmates.  We were dying to figure out the ending and hated when Mrs. Clawson didn't have time to read more than a few pages.  If you haven't read this book already, pick up a copy soon - you'll love it!  But don't take my word for it ;)

3 comments:

Willefam said...

IT is one of my favorites too!! I love how all the clues solve the puzzle but you have to figure it out!! Great book and great blog idea!!!

Amber said...

Yay! Delina - I'm so glad you found my blog and even more glad that you've read this book. It's awesome!

CORYNN AND JER said...

Never heard of it.. I'll have to check it out. I finally get to read The Guernsey etc. book on my trip this week! wahoo!