Thursday, October 14, 2010

Popcorn

I have loved this book since childhood! I remember describing it to my mom once, hoping she'd know the title, but neither one of us could remember.

Then, as luck would have it, I was at a yard sale one Saturday morning and found a book with illustrations that were very familiar. As soon as I got home I looked up the author on Amazon and found the book I was looking for!

It's the story of a little bear whose parents leave him home one night while they go to a Halloween party. They ask him to take care of the house while they're gone, but as soon as they're out the door he calls his friends to invite them to a Halloween party of his own.

When someone decides to make popcorn, they make too much and the whole house is filled with popcorn, leaving them no choice but to eat their way out of the house.

My kids love this story just as much as I do and inevitably we end up craving popcorn!

No comments: