Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Baby Train

My take on this book: it's very strange. I didn't look to see what the story was about when I picked it up. My youngest son loves trains - and I mean LOVES them. So, anything with a train seems like a winner to me. Well, not this one.

I like the illustrations; they're different and fun to look at. The story however, is not so great. It's an explanation of where babies come from - like the story of the Stork. Sometimes the book seems like it's supposed to have the rhythm of a song and then suddenly there's no rhythm at all. It just doesn't flow very well.

As much as I dislike this book, Simon loves it. It has trains and babies - two of his favorite things. I'll put up with it for awhile longer, but I won't be sad when I have to take it back to the library!

No comments: