Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Doctor DeSoto

Doctor De Soto is a dentist who also happens to be a mouse.  He refuses to treat any animal who is dangerous to mice - can you blame him?  Until one day, when an extremely pitiful fox shows up on his doorstep;  Doctor De Soto and his wife, who is also his assistant, decide to let the poor fox in for treatment.  After a close call with the fox, they decide he's definitely not trustworthy - no matter how much pain he is in.  But they're not about to become a snack - the De Soto's come up with an ingenious plan to keep the fox from following through with his dastardly plans.  


This is a book that I remember from my childhood -  we even had it on tape and I listened to it countless times.  Before I ever had kids, I bought this book knowing that they would love it.  Of course, I was right - we read this one fairly often and the ending is my kids' favorite part - they repeat lines from it all the time. 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Love this book too! This was one you always wanted to read over and over.

Amber said...

yeah, I have good memories of this one :)