Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chester

If you've been reading my blog, you must know by now what a fan I am of Melanie Watt. I'm referencing the Scaredy Squirrel books here - a must read. l just love Ms. Watt's sense of humor. She's someone I could really get along with.

But on to the story! Chester is a cat who fully believes he's in charge of his owner (Melanie) and is less than thrilled to find that she's writing a story about a mouse rather than him. So Chester does what any self-respecting cat would do; he rewrites the story using his big read marker.

Of course, Melanie isn't about to be pushed around by Chester and she makes every attempt to reclaim her story.

Filled with hilarious illustrations and clever banter between both authors, this quickly became one of Andrew's favorite books. Luckily, there are two more Chester books out there. He doesn't know about the third one yet, because I just found out about it myself. His birthday is coming up, so I think all three Chester books will be finding their way to our house very soon.

No comments: