Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Saw a Bullfrog

This is yet another book that I judged by it's cover.  The illustrations and title caught my eye and I just knew I would love it.   I apologize for the small picture though - it was the best I could find.  I don't think it's a very popular book which is sad, because it's really great.  

Andrew and I laughed at the illustrations as well as the prose.  It's a very creative way of looking at different animals.   What if they really did look the way their names sound?  I think children can identify with this because they must imagine all sorts of things when hearing words they don't know the meaning of.  

At the end of the book there is information about each animal as well as a drawing of what they really look like.  I definitely learned a few things I didn't know before and Andrew is excited to look them all up tomorrow on Wikipedia.  Definitely a 5 star rating in my opinion.

No comments: